Wednesday 7 December 2011

Evaluation Of My Questionaire

Questionnaire evaluation
I have created a questionnaire based on the ideas for a music magazine and have handed it out to ten members of the public to ask what they would like and would they think would make a good music magazine.
The first question I asked on my questionnaire was “What gender are you…” five out the ten where male and the other five where female, I specifically handed them out like this to get mixed feedback from both sexes. The next question I asked was “What age group are you in ….” Four where aged between 10-15 and six where aged between 16-20 this suggested to me that I would be a young adults magazine aimed at the age range of 15-20.
            The next question I asked was based on genre of the magazine I asked “What Genre of music do you like the most ….”  The most popular was Indie with 5 votes, rap with 2, pop with 2 and R&B with 1 vote. From these answers I have decided to create an Indie magazine. The next question was based on the content of the magazine I gave 6 options and the opportunity to quote any other ideas they could think of and asked them to circle their 4 favourites . The favourite 4 are as follows: up and coming artists, gig/ festival reviews, new albums/ tracks and band artist reviews. I intend to use all these ideas for my front cover and use one for my main article.
            The next question was aimed at the mast head, I asked the question “which of the following mast heads do you like the most …” again I gave the six varied options and the most popular was unplugged with 6 votes followed by beatsix with 3 and infusion with 1 from these results I have chosen to call my magazine Unplugged. The next question “Which of the following slogans do you prefer (pick 2)…” asked them to pick a slogan which would accompany the masthead. The top chosen slogans where “why we listen” followed by “let the music speak”, personally I don’t think these slogans go with the mast head so I may have to think of some other suitable ones.  
            The next couple of questions focused on the front cover. First I asked “What colours scheme should the magazine cover use (choose three)...” the most popular colours where white, red and blue which I would be happy to use on my front cover. The next question asked about the main image, I asked   What images would you like to see on the front of the magazine…..” the most popular was solo artist with 7 votes followed by bands with 4 vote, from these results I have chosen to go with an image of a solo artist.
            The last question I asked was about the price of the magazine “How much would you be willing to pay for a music magazine…” the majority of people chose the cheapest option which was predictable and because of this I have decided to price my magazine around £2.00 which is affordable for the younger readers while still making a good profit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment